« Back to previous page

St Brigid’s National School (Catholic)

Beechpark Lawn, Castleknock, Dublin 15

Principal: Denis Courtney

Tel: (01) 821 4040

Website: www.saintbrigids.ie

St Brigid’s, co-educational National School, Castleknock, has a staff of 40 teachers and 825 pupils. This large staff includes principal, vice-principal, 29 class teachers, 7 learning support teachers and 2 language support teachers.

The original school was founded as a 2 teacher co-educational schoolhouse. The foundation stone was laid the 17th of July 1864 by Archbishop Cullen.

In 1971, on St. Brigid’s Feast Day, February 1st, the school moved to it’s present building – a new 8 teacher school. The school grew rapidly and in 1980 and 1986 new buildings were added.

Tel : 01 640 9601 | Email : website@castleknockparish.ie
Copyright 2011 Our Lady Mother of the Church, Castleknock. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by Parish Websites, Design by acton|web