Parish Pastoral Council
We, the Parish Community of Castleknock proclaim a shared faith and hope of salvation through Jesus Christ, under the maternal care of Mary our Mother. We acknowledge the gift of the Holy Spirit in our midst as we endeavour to become a visible community of Faith, Hope and Love.
In March 2005, the Parish Pastoral Council was established in Our Lady’s Parish in accordance with the wishes of the Archbishop of Dublin, Dr. Diarmuid Martin. The aim of the council is to provide leadership structures that enable priests and parishioners to work together to build up a dynamic Christian community that is characterised by faith, evangelisation, worship and service.
The major focus of the Pastoral Council includes:
- Reflection and planning: listening to the needs of the community
- Animation: Enable parishioners to discern and use their gifts for mission and service.
- Action: Develop structures to effectively use the gifts and resources for growth of the parish
- Communication: Ensure effective communication between parish, archdiocese and wider community.
- Evaluation: review life, plans and activities of the parish in light of the mission of the Church.
During our Silver Jubilee year (2008), a second term committee was elected consisting of first term and new members. The following people have agreed to serve on the second term committee.